About our organization
The World Agroforestry Centre (also known as the International Centre for Research in Agroforestry or ICRAF) is an independent research institution which generates science-based knowledge about the complex role trees play in agricultural landscapes and rural livelihoods. As part of the Centre’s work to bring tree-based solutions to bear on poverty and environmental problems, researchers – working in close collaboration with partners – are developing new technologies, tools and policy recommendations for increased food security and ecosystem health. The Centre’s headquarters are located in Nairobi, Kenya, and research is conducted in 34 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We are supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR) and receive funding from over 50 different donors. To learn more about our organization, please visit our website: http://www.worldagroforestry.org
About the position
Under the supervision of Management Services Leader, the Temporary Accountant will provides financial services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of Financial system. The Accountant promotes a client-oriented and consistent with rules and regulations approach in the Unit. The Accountant works in close collaboration with other MSU team, functional unit, and projects’ staff to exchange information and ensure consistent and timely service delivery. The primary duties and responsibilities are:
- To handle petty cash
- Record to sunsystem after TERs are checked by other accountants
- Reconciliation for IRS, account code 11408, 11406, 11405, and 11402
- To handle medical claim
- To handle cost allocation and charge back for office and transport
- Vouching field office finance reports
- Finance filing and facilitate Audits (external, internal and project audits) – well finance filing for easy track to facilitate auditor’s sampling, to provide data and information to respond to auditor’s questions
- To improve efficiency of financial operation (e.g. improve financial policies and procedures)
- Other ad hoc requests from RC, MSL and other accountant colleagues
For a detailed Job Description please visit: http://worldagroforestry.org/regions/southeast_asia/indonesia/careers
- Minimum Bachelor degree (S1) in Accounting. Registered Accountant would be advantage
- Minimum 2 (two) years of relevant Accounting experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and familiar with SUN SYSTEM.
- Well organized; able to meet deadlines
- Good command of English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Willing to learn new skills/knowledge related to the scope/content of the specified projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in multicultural teams
- Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication skills
- Conceptualizes and analyzes problems to identify key issues, underlying problems, and how they relate
- Generates creative, practical approaches to overcome challenging situations
- Devises new systems and processes, and modifies existing ones, to support innovative behaviour
Terms of offer
The World Agroforestry Centre is an equal opportunity employer and offers a collegial and gender-sensitive working environment. We believe that staff diversity promotes excellence and strongly encourage applications from qualified women. This is a national position and will be for an initial period of five and a half (5,5) months.
How to apply
Applications for the position must include:
- A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements and salary expectations
- Detail curriculum vitae, including names and addresses of three referees, including telephone, fax numbers and email addresses.
All correspondence should be addressed to the Human Resources Unit, World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) Southeast Asia Regional Office via email: email@example.com and should indicate “Application for Temporary Accountant” on their application letters and email submissions. Applications will be considered until July 15, 2013 or until a suitable candidate is identified and selected. Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
Download file : TOR - Temporary Accountant.pdf