Taking Stock of a Decade-long Evidence-based Experiences of Flood-Based Livelihoods Systems (FBLS) in Africa & Asia:
Knowledge and Experience Sharing Symposium
ICRAF together with Meta Meta, IWMI, FBLN and the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation- Directorate of Land Reclamation and National Irrigation Board (NIB) are jointly organizing a symposium as a platform for sharing experiences (through discussions and field visits) as well as cross-fertilization of knowledge on FBLS through the following thematic areas:
- Towards more efficient and resilient flood water governance and management systems;
- Innovative proven SMART (Simple, Market-based, Affordable, Repairable and Technically feasible) technologies in FBLS;
- Good agronomic farming practices for improved livelihoods and food security;
- Job creation particularly for young people and women in FBLS sectors;
- Agroforestry and livestock management in FBLS;
- Resilient appropriate and cost-effective road water harvesting practices; and
- ICT empowered horizonal learning (a cross cutting theme) to further upscale the knowledge and experiences shared.
The full participation fee is USD. 800. This entails the following items:
- Registration fee
- Local Transport in Kenya
Participation is open to FBLS practitioners across the world, i.e. those engaged in using flood water for livelihood enhancement.
Senior, mid and junior professionals on FBLS.
For Further Information contact:
Phone: +254 722 713339 or +254 711 034 419
For Technical Support contact:
Alex R. Oduor
Phone: +254 717 737346 or +254 711 034 424
NB: Deadline for application:16th February 2019.