The World Agroforestry Centre aims to initiate, stimulate, and support collaborative research, capacity building and strengthening. The Centre achieves these aims by making its facilities accessible to selected students and providing opportunities for promising staff at research institutes, universities or government departments to learn from the experiences of the Centre's senior scientists.
Opportunities for individual learning are offered at different levels and at the various research stations and collaborative sites in the Centre's network. At the regional level, individual learning is facilitated by our regional training liason staff. Each individual trainee is assigned a scientist or manager as a supervisor.
Students on attachment are undergraduates at universities, polytechnics and other institutions who would like to familiarise themselves with agroforestry for a period of two to six months. A student attachment leads to the submission of a project report as required by the ICRAF supervisor and the student's academic programme.
Interested students must send the following documentation:
- duly completed "student attachment application form"
- copy of his/her most recent resume or curriculum vitae
- letter from his/her university confirming current enrolment and graduation date
- copy of his/her college/university transcript
- explanatory cover letter or introduction from his/her institution
- copy of his/her research proposal
- brief paper setting out the reasons why he/she is seeking attachment with the World Agroforestry Centre, availability and source of funds to cover expenses during the attachment (transport, accommodation, meals, insurance)
- copy of medical and life insurance cover.
If you are interested in an attachment with the World Agroforestry Centre, download and fill out the:
application form student attachment (PDF Document)
application form -student attachement (.doc file- word document)
For more information on student attachment, contact:
The Capacity Development Specialist
World Agroforestry Centre
PO Box 30677 - 00100 GPO
Telephone: +254 20 722 4218
Fax: +254 20 722 4023
Capacity Development Unit
- Capacity Development Unit
- Individual learning
- Group learning
- Learning resources
- Extension material manuals and technical handbooks