SD4 - Land Health Decisions
To improve policies, strategies and plans for the prevention and rehabilitation of land degradation at different scales and accelerate reliable learning on sustainable landscape management.
How we Work
SD4 - Land Health Decisions focuses on two themes:
We also lead the flagship on strengthening Decision Analysis and Information Systems in the CGIAR Research Program on Water, Land and Ecosystems.
Jane Mwangi, Lab Technician demonstrates use of the Alpha Mid Infrared Spectrometer for soil samples analysis at Soil-Plant Spectroscopy Lab Nairobi.
The goal is to develop and promote improved methods for measuring and monitoring land health, assessing land health risks, and targeting interventions to improve agro-ecosystem health and human wellbeing.
Land Health Decisions runs a Soil-Plant Spectral Diagnostics Laboratory that develops and promotes rapid, low cost methods of analyzing soil and plant samples using only light.
The goal is to strengthen the use of decision sciences and risk assessment in agricultural development and deliver well-targeted information systems that reduce critical uncertainties and risks in key investment decisions facing stakeholders on improving land health and livelihoods. Downlod pdf.
- Systems science
- Markets, Value chains and Institutions
- Tree Diversity, Domestication and Delivery
- SD3 Home
- Tree diversity
- Projects and links
- Genetic Resources unit
- African Orphan Crops Consortium
- Position papers
- SD3 Team
- Land health decisions
- Environmental services
- Climate change
- climate change home
- About Us
- Accelerating Adoption of Agroforestry in Western Kenya (Triple A) Project
- Agroforestry Food Security Programme
- Climate Technology Centre Network: Technical Assistance and Capacity Building
- Global Framework for Climate Services
- Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Action plan for Kenya’s dairy sector
- Programme for the Development of Alternative Biofuel Crops
- The BREAD Project
- Viability of the Villum Experiment (VOVE)
- Contact Us