The 2nd World Congress of Agroforestry will assess opportunities to leverage scientific agroforestry in promoting sustainable land use worldwide. The Congress will serve as a forum for agroforestry researchers, educators, practitioners and policy makers from around the world to:
- Share new research findings, lessons, experiences, and ideas that will help influence decisions that impact on livelihoods and the global environment
- Explore new opportunities and strengthen existing partnerships in agroforestry research, education, training, and development
- Form new networks and communities of practice, and nurture old ones
The overall Congress theme is "Agroforestry - The Future of Global Land Use". Plenary, symposia, concurrent sessions, and poster sessions will be organized around different major topics, based on the following:
- Markets as opportunities and drivers of agroforestry land use
- Tree-based rehabilitation of degraded lands and watersheds
- Climate change adaptation and mitigation
- Agroforestry's contribution to a multifunctional agriculture combining productivity with environmental sustainability
- Policy options and institutional innovations for agroforestry land use
We invite interested persons to submit suggestions for technical sessions or abstracts for papers before the following deadlines:
- Deadline for proposing technical sessions: 31st March 2008
- Abstract submission(online): by 30th November 2008
- Abstract Review by Session Leaders: Deadline: 30 December 2008.
- Confirmation to Authors: Deadline: 31 January 2009.
- Abstract revision and confirmation of participation: Deadline: 28 March 2009. Authors may revise their abstracts online, secure funding, and confirm their participation.
- Programme Finalization: Deadline: 31 April 2009.
All enquiries email@example.com
Planned publications include a summary document, a book of abstracts, refereed journal articles, journal special issues, and books on the key topics covered in the symposia and technical sessions. A declaration that embodies the substance of Congress deliberations will be developed as a tool for discussions with policy makers and donor agencies to advance the cause of agroforestry worldwide.
|World Agroforestry Centre. All Rights Reserved. Copyright & Disclaimer|